10…9…8… Riedell Counts Down Top 10 Highlights of 2011
It’s hard to believe, but 2012 is only a few days away! As everyone here at Riedell gears up for the New Year, we wanted to take a look back at 2011 and the events that made this year so memorable. And since we’ll be counting down to the New Year, we thought it would only be appropriate to count down our top 10 highlights from 2011.
10. Riedell skaters rocked this year! Skaters at every level who sport Riedells had a great year, including the Rockettes synchronized skating team who won their 3rd World Title this season!
9. The ISI World Recreational Team Championships where held this year in Minnesota. Riedell Skates is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, and we were happy that so many skaters from across the world had the opportunity to experience our beautiful state. Some skaters (like Hailey Blodgett!) even made a trip down to Red Wing to visit our facility.
8. We completed our 2012 Ice Skating Collection Catalog this fall, and we are so proud of how it turned out. Full of great information about our products, it also features fun insights from Riedell skaters like Johnny Weir and Rachael Flatt on how they spend their time away from the rink.
7. Another favorite from our 2012 Catalog is the awesome drawing of the inside of a Riedell boot that we created to highlight the boot technology that makes Riedells the best boots on the ice. Take a look here.
6. In May 2011, we launched the brand new iSkateRiedell.com. We love it and hope you do too!
5. One of our favorite (and most popular!) posts on iSkateRiedell this year highlighted the ways in which Riedell skaters give back to their communities. It was a great way to showcase our figure skating community, and we are proud to partner with so many great individuals.
4. We also updated and launched a new Dealer Locator on iSkateRiedell. Find a local Authorized Riedell or Eclipse Blades dealer anywhere in the world by entering your country or zip/postal code.
3. Riedell skates were named one of the top gifts for the 2011 holiday season by the Wall Street Journal.
2. Last February, we introduced our new line of beautiful ice skate blades, Eclipse Blades to the market. See what skaters think of these hot new blades!
1. Our Eclipse Blade lineup continued to grow during the year, from four blade models to six to meet the needs of competitive skaters in all skating disciplines. Read about our two newest models, the Eclipse Pinnacle and Crescent.
Happy New Year from all of us at Riedell!