Riedell Counts Down the Top 5 Figure Skating Highlights of 2012
It’s hard to believe, but 2013 is only a few days away! As everyone here at Riedell gears up for the New Year, we wanted to take a look back at 2012 and the events that made this year so memorable. Here are our 5 figure skating highlights of 2012:
- We love connecting with you, so earlier this year we added to our social media presence! Now you can find and interact with Riedell on Pinterest, Instagram and Google+.
- In November, we introduced Riedell TV, where skating fans like you can receive info on blades and boots in 90 seconds or less from our skate experts. You’ve really loved our episode called Holiday Gift Guide to Figure Skating—so we hope Santa left a lot of new Riedell skates under the tree this holiday season.
- Riedell skaters rocked this year! Skaters at every level who sport Riedells had a great year, including Richard Dornbush who placed second at the Finlandia Trophy. Joshua Farris was the 2012 World Junior silver medalist and Vincent Zhou was crowned 2012’s U.S. Novice Champ. We can’t wait to see what 2013 brings to these and all of our talented Riedell skaters. Learn more about Team Riedell here.
- It was announced this year that the U.S. Figure Skating Championships are coming back to Minnesota in 2016! Nationals will be held in St. Paul, which is only an hour drive from the Riedell factory in Red Wing. Even though we’re a few years off, we’re thrilled that so many skaters from across the world will have the opportunity to experience our beautiful state.
- One of our favorite (and most popular!) posts on iSkateRiedell this year highlighted the use of figure skating apps and how figure skaters, parents and coaches can use mobile apps to enhance formal instruction. We’ll be bringing you more interesting and informative posts like this one in the year ahead!
Now it’s your turn! Tell us about the great moments you’ve had in your Riedells in 2012 below in the comment section.
Happy New Year from all of us at Riedell!